RISE Engineering, Eversource’s Small Business Direct Install Program vendor, conducted free energy assessments of both Somerville facilities and installed state-of-the-art LED lighting fixtures and occupancy sensors. These upgrades improved Union Square Donuts' working environment and are projected to create $3,700 in annual electricity savings. In addition, the estimated cost savings, utility financial incentives, and zero-percent, 24-month financing generate immediate positive cash flow.
Minimize electricity costs and improve the lighting quality at two busy facilities encompassing 12,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Replaced 61 fluorescent and two incandescent lighting fixtures with LED fixtures in the production and storage areas, office, freezer, kitchen, sink, furnace room, and employee break room
- Installed an occupancy sensor in the second-story storage area
- Replaced 15 fluorescent lighting fixtures with LED fixtures in the kitchen, entrance area, office, stairway, and basement
- Replaced 9 incandescent bulbs and 5 flood lights with LED fixtures in the dining area and restroom
- Installed an occupancy sensor in the restroom