Energy Efficiency Profile
In its capacity as a Mass Save® Multi-Family Retrofit Program vendor, RISE Engineering conducted a free onsite evaluation of this development’s street lights and residential units and provided a proposal identifying recommended energy efficiency improvements, project costs, financial incentives, and estimated energy savings. RISE subsequently arranged professional installation of agreed-upon measures and coordinated the incentives with the utilities.Even though this development is relatively new, these natural gas and electric energy upgrades are projected to reduce the condominium association’s and unit owners’ aggregate energy costs by $15,000 annually and by $229,000 over the lifetime of the installed measures.
Improve energy efficiency, lower energy costs, improve lighting quality, and increase occupants’ comfort and control of their home environment.
Natural Gas Energy Efficiency Measures
- New digital programmable thermostats to control the HVAC systems
- Energy and water-efficient shower heads and faucet aerators
- Pipe insulation
- Air-sealing measures to reduce air leakage throughout each home
Electric Efficiency Measures
- Replaced metal halide lighting in existing streetlights with LED lighting kits
- Replaced incandescent light bulbs in residential units with LED bulbs
- Provided “smart” power strips in residential units
About Mass Save:
Mass Save® is an initiative sponsored by Massachusetts’ gas and electric utilities
and energy efficiency service providers. These sponsors work closely with the
Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources to provide a wide range of
energy efficiency services and incentives that help residents and businesses
manage energy use and related costs. Learn more at MassSave.com.
For information about the Multi-Family Retrofit Program, call the Multi-Family
Market Integrator at 800-594-7277 or visit MassSave.com/multifamily.